23 January 2011

wire frames x2

From last week seminar, we have been introduced “the Design Principles” i.e. how to create a good website. The tips that I got from the seminar were “Less is More!”, uncommon navigation- “Stand out as unique.”, “white space helps to give a professional feels to your portfolio.” etc.
In order to achieve these principles, I have looked through different artists’ online portfolio and organisation websites. From my last week’s entry, I had talked about my initial ideas for my website’s wireframe. The inspirations were from read through other artists and organisations’ websites, my interest, and my imagination.
And I would like my website including some user interactions.

For example: Nick Danilov’s Portfolio, I like the facts that when we click to the next page, it an interaction appears in between like the original page slide to one side and the new page appear. He gave me the feeling that I am flipping through his portfolio.


And my interest is photography, especially photos that have special effects like Polaroid. Therefore, I would like the theme of my portfolio is based on my interest which create an identification.

Recently, I have been the Polaroid website. I think it is very cool that have the latest information present in the homepage with a scroll bar at the bottom.





The followings are the ideas that combining the inspirations that I mention above:
wire frame 1

wire frame 2

Reference:
DANILOV, (2010), Nick Danilov Portfolio [online] Available from: http://www.nickdanilov.com/ [Accessed 22/01/2010]

PLR ECOMMERCE, Polariod [online] Available from: http://www.polaroid.com/en/stream [Accessed 22/01/2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment