11 October 2010

My Design Process

In order to complete my context 1 module, I have been given a journal task which I need to write about the design process of my previous project in my A-level course- Graphic Design.  My final project title was "advertising campaign". I decided to advertise ‘Anti- drugs abuse’ as my main topic and presented it in a website for my final piece. 

Firstly, I have to brainstorm on a mind map which was aimed to lead some initial ideas of the next stage- photographic and observation drawings. Meanwhile, I have to undertake some artists’ research. Basically, I looked at the style of their works and chose two artists that I liked. Afterwards, I gained some knowledge of the artists’ background and methods they used to create their work. Then, I did an interpretation of both artists’ work.

 Mind Map

Secondly, I carried out some experiments which I have applied the artists’ style to the photos that I have taken from my initial ideas. In this project, I had experimented something different to other such as I had created an animation in Adobe Photoshop and flash in Adobe Flash. However, this was the section which I found difficult, because my mentor could not help me with the software. Therefore, I have to learn the software independently through the internet tutorial’s clips.

Artist research and interpretation

Animation that created in Adobe Photoshop


Animation that I created for the website
<< Drugs do make you lost>>

From time to time, I would have some advices from my mentor and feedbacks for improvements in class discussion (e.g. tutorial that I will have in this year). Once I have my final idea, I discussed the decision with my mentor, after his approval, I started plan the structure of my website.  I found that to have a good layout of the website was a complex process since I have to attract the target audience. After I have drawn out the rough idea of the structure and design, I started to work on my final piece. Basically, I have to put the final selection of the photos and experiments that I had done in previously and gathered them into the area that I have planned into my website to make it look more professional and user-friendly. 

Print screen shot of my final piece

No comments:

Post a Comment