18 October 2010

Reading and Reflection




Recently, I am addicting a game in my iPhone called “AR defender”. It uses the technology called AR (Augmented Reality). After some internet research, I found the AR development of nearly a decade.  AR is similar to VR (Virtual Reality). The different are VR is purely fictitious, from scratch to create a world that does not exist. AR is the emphasis being given to the combination of the real world, and enhances real-world experience in information display and interaction.

I found it interesting, because I think the AR technology can actually combine into Multimedia. Imagine the final piece of my Interactive Space project is presenting on papers, and what the audience need are lens and screen, even with operating keys (mobile phone?) which allow the audience play with my interactive space but in the real scene.



One of the reasons that I want to study in this course, because I would like to do create something that relate to E-learning as the advanced technology will keep changing every day. I believe that in the next five to ten years the traditional teaching method will knock out, because the next generation will dislike sit and read. However, personally I think AR technology can change this behaviour, because things that I can interact with, I will more interesting to read and I will remember it deeper.
Below is an example that I think it should use in GCSE and A-level revision guide, this will make the revision section more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment