03 October 2011

First animation seminar- making an orrey.

Yeah! I’m a second year student of Multimedia VE, and the news that I got from the introduction was we got 7 projects to do within this year. Although there are lots of works, I reckon this year will help me build up a lot of 3dmax skills.

In this year, we have 3 difference fields of VE (Animation, Visualisation and Virtual Environment). These fields will help us to choose which pathway we want to do in the future.

Today, I had my first seminar of animation. The first project that we have to do is to design, build and animate a model of a self- defeating chess playing machine. During the seminar, Andy gave us a practice to start with this project. The practice was we have to make an “orrey”. An orrey is an object that showing how the solar system works. This practice is to give us an experiment with hierarchies and how to connecting objects in animation works. This year, Andy decides to teach us the skills in a flash tutorial instead on paper. I found it was much better of understand how things work.


The following is my finished work of the orrey with some materials added:

No comments:

Post a Comment