18 October 2011

Sketching ideas...

In my brief, it said I have to include at least 6 pages of A4 sketch designs etc... in my finial piece. Therefore, I have done some sketches for my ideas.




In order to make my work creative and unique. I decided to have a "robot chess player" instead of just having the arms. The sketches above show that I would like to have a half body of robot, and there is a chess hiding inside there body. However, the final idea was inspired by friend that my friend recommend that I create the robot as a box, and the arms will hide inside the box. The box will act like a robot, does everything by itself. The decision that I made was using my initial idea (the half body). Although I like the idea that chess and hands hide inside a box, I think my ideas will look more interesting.

So, at the beginning of the animation, I will spend sometime to show how the robot setting up the game, and how to be self- fulfilling. Like the Geri's Game one. The old man playing chess with himself (self-entertaining).  



No comments:

Post a Comment