18 November 2010

1st Seminar of One Shot Film


Today, I have my 1st seminar of this new task was called “You Decide!”. We will working as a group of 4, my group members are Sam, Lee and Elliot. Our task is working together to shoot a one shot film- shoot in on go by without any stop and the film must be short as well 1/ 2 minutes film (maximum).

Today seminar, I have been taught about what is the task about, and we have went to the arboretum park and walked for 30 minutes to get some ideas.
During the walk, I did came up some ideas:
1. Hide and Seek
2. A group of family member taking their family album- this sounds interesting, because during my AS I went to the Tate Gallery, and inside there one of the room was showing a video that a group of people standing in a room, the video seem took forever, the setting looked like they were taken photography. But instead of having still image, they were being video. From the video, we can see the people facial expression, scratch their head, looked boredom etc. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the artist name and the title of that work, I wish I can post that video in here.

However, these weren’t use for our final decision. The main idea that arose in our group after a half hour walked was confrontation between two characters in a suspicious style, like when we watching a cops and robbers’ film when they exchange ransom.

The film will start with a character walking toward to a bench with a bag then sit on it. Another character will meet the first character, then sitting on the bench and looks strange with each other. However, when the character gets to the meeting place, a homeless person would steal the bag and run.

This is what we have discussed in our seminar today, but in tomorrow seminar, we will shoot some practice to see what the film will like then we will have some discussion and make our final decision of this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment